1. October Monthly Collection for Operation Nightwatch
Our October Collection will be for Operation Nightwatch, which is an interdenominational Christian ministry serving the poor and homeless. In order to help people attain their highest level of self-reliance, we provide:
• spiritual care and hope for the community at night
• compassionate relief and shelter placement for homeless women, men and children
• low-cost housing and support services for seniors and the disabled
• education and encouragement for others to respond to those in need
Our October Collection…
new, men’s White athletic socks
Please leave your donations in the collection trunks in the Narthex and Lee Activity Center by October 27. Thank you for your continued support of our monthly projects.
1. 3rd Annual Living Well Health Fair
sponsored by Nikkei Concerns and the Seattle JACL
Saturday October 18th – 11 am to 4 pm
Blaine Memorial UMC Lee Activity Center
The 3rd Annual Living Well Health Fair presented by Nikkei Concerns and Seattle JACL will be held on Saturday, October 18, 11 am – 4 pm, in our Blaine Memorial Lee Activity Center. The gathering will feature Speakers and Health Tips, Cooking Demonstrations, Food Samples, Exercise Demonstrations, Free Glucose, Blood Pressure and BMI Screenings, Free Door Prizes and much more!! From delicious food to environmental alternatives, learn how to improve health and wellness for you and your family. This event is FREE and open to the public.