Upcoming In August @ Blaine Memorial
1. Blueberry Picking for our Benefit Bazaar
Sunday, August 10 – after worship
Join our Blaine church team as we gather for our annual blueberry picking outing for the October 4 Benefit Bazaar Bake Sale and Dessert Menu. We hope that you will join us, but if the date does not work for you, please feel free to go on your own, with family or friends, pick blueberries for yourself and donate a few pounds to the cause!
• Megraw’s Blueberry Farm – 17403 SE 244th Pl, Kent, WA 98042
Near Tahoma High School and Tahoma National Cemetery
• Sunday, August 10, gather at Noon in the Social Hall
• Please bring your own pails, buckets, boxes to transport berries.
The owner, Bob Megraw, will open up the farm for us on that Sunday,
August 10, (normally closed on that day). We hope to make about 75-100 pies and cobblers.
The plan is to pick a pail for the Benefit Bazaar and then you can pick blueberries for yourself. We can sure use your help!
Other information for personal picking:
• Hours – Varies by day of week (Mon – Sat)
• Price – $1.70 per pound (5 lb. minimum – u-pick)
Always check website: http://bmegraw.googlepages.com
or call 253 631-3428 for up-to-date hours
2. Onishi Family Singers
August 10 – 10 am
Join us for worship as three generations of the Onishi Family will lend their gifts of music for our Sunday Worship.
3. Blessing of the Animals Worship
August 17 – 10 am
in the Courtyard
Bring your pets for worship and blessing by our Pastors
4. Kimball/Neighborhood Mission Initiative
Sunday, August 24 – 10 am
with lunch to follow
Join us as we participate together in service projects to bless Kimball School and our neighborhood. There will projects for all ages and generations at Church and around the neighborhood.